Monday, August 11, 2014

Welcome Back!

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! Welcome back? Yes! I have been neglecting my blog and YouTube channel for such a long time and I decided enough was enough! Truth is, I’ve had all these excuses as to why I wasn’t very active that I finally just stopped and admitted to myself that, everyone struggles and I needed to take a break from life in general. I was honestly very unhappy because I am overweight and my health isn’t the best in the world and i just wasn’t happy with life in general-a low point if you will. So I took a break! I took quite a long time off and during that time, I graduated, went to Disney and really found out that beauty isn’t everything I’m interested in. I started this blog thinking about one thing: beauty- don’t get me wrong I still love beauty and makeup and so on, but I also love cooking and fashion and planning and writing and so much more! I found it hard to only limit myself to beauty when as a person I am very broad as to what I like and what I don’t like.

Cut to the chase Kayla! Well, okay, only because you insisted! My blog- and I- are back up and running! In a new and improved way of course! Lace In Ruffles was simply about being pretty and feeling pretty and now its been through enough surgery that now its about being beYOUtiful! To be entirely honest, I barely wear makeup- I love it and I adore it but I just don’t wear it on a daily basis, only when me, myself, and I want to- or on a special occasion! So with that being said- I plan on doing much more with my blog. PSSSST. That even includes details on my diet and exercise!

What? Diet and exercise? Well, yes, of course! So many years I have struggled with my weight and tried so many “diets” and other things that eventually I would give up! But, not this time. I am fully committed because I would really just love to breathe better and not have to struggle to put on a pair of jeans and feel good in my own skin. I started a low carb diet (20 net carbs per day) on July 28th and I plan on doing this particular diet until I get to my goal weight, 150 pounds, or jean size, 12. That’s about 80 pounds to lose or 5 jean sizes. Once I get to my goal, I intend on going on a pure healthy diet. This includes salads and many vegetables. Why? For one, I would rather eat a ton of vegetables than anything else. For two, I don’t wanna feel this way ever again! For three, I want to know what healthy feels life- I have been overweight my whole life and its time for a change!

So what else do you plan on including with this blog of yours? I’m glad you asked! While there will be times that I take a break and doing things my own way- I plan on eventually writing a story! When I first started to learn to write and read, I would constantly be writing songs and eventually I wrote a few “books”. I am quite the interesting cookie underneath it all! So I plan on writing a few chapters at a time and posting them. That’s really odd, Kayla. Yeah, I know but I am a odd person with odd interests and I think its really important to be yourself. So that is exactly what I will be doing!

Did I mention that I applied for a job? I did! Hopefully one that wants me as much as I want to work there! I think it would be very beneficial to my mental health, physical health, personal needs and even beneficial to college! So there you have it. Welcome back!

No comments:

Post a Comment