Sunday, April 20, 2014

Prepping for Prom: Hair

Hello Everyone!
 
I hope you have been enjoying my series for prom. I talked in my last post about skincare and while having healthy skin with that perfect complexion is important, so is having healthy hair that can hold a hair style. You will notice that on Saturday, April 12th I got my hair styled. Last year I had my hair professionally done and while that experience was pretty cool... I didn't do it this year because I am extremely particular with my hair and I feel that if I am paying you... it better be perfect. Needless to say the lady who did my hair talked crap about me and was really rude in the first place, so my best friend Hannah did my hair for prom this year. All I basically did was part my hair and let her curl it with her hair curler. I will get her to explain how she did it for you guys! I loved it!
 
As I said in my skincare post, prom is entirely about having fun, letting loose, being you, and for me... pampering myself. I dedicated 8 days to pamper myself, but you can do whatever your heart desires. Each person is different and that is super important to understand, my hair is naturally very curly and very dry. It's unruly and tangles like no other, while it is also very thick. Let me not forget to mention that my hair has not been cut in over a year, probably something more like a year and a half. I know it's horrible but I am very picky and terrified of cutting my hair.
 
Friday, April 4: Detox and Cleanse It is important to deep clean your hair about once a month but if you are like me and your life is full of constant go, go, go then you probably don't wash your hair very often. To be honest I wash my hair about twice a week. Basically this step is going to strip your hair of all product build-up. You will be starting with a clean slate. You can use whatever product you feel can get this job done. Remember not to use any products on your hair... you just stripped it, lets not build it back up, yet.
 
Saturday, April 5: Renew the oils Take a day to skip out on the styling or adding any product to your hair. You stripped your hair from the products but you also stripped it from all the natural oils as well. You'll be doing this step a lot so go ahead and get used to it, and see if you can't incorporate it into your daily life. Your hair will be so much healthier.
 
Sunday, April 6: Fix and Perfect For me this step is essential. As I mentioned I haven't cut my hair in quite a while so you could image the amount of split ends I have. Now I personally have been using something for damage for a few weeks in hopes of having healthy looking hair. I use a damage repair shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask. After showering, I comb my hair and add a treatment.  
 
Monday, April 7: Renew the oils Take another day to skip out on the styling or adding any product to your hair. You want your slit ends to get a chance of repairing.
 
Tuesday, April 8: Renew the oils This may seem excessive but realize that you stripped your hair, let your oils build up, and then put in a treatment. Not only does that treatment need time to settle in to work at it's very best but you need to give your oils a chance to coat back up.
 
Wednesday, April 9: Moisturize My hair is dry and having those oils back in my hair are nice but moisture is something my hair doesn't get enough of. It needs to hydrate more than my body. Now your hair may not need this step and if that is the case then use your regular shampoo and conditioner.
 
Thursday, April 10: Renew the oils Let that moisture get into the locks and prepare for dehydration from heated irons and products. Your hair will thank you later.
 
Friday, April 11: Clean and Moisturize Boy, this is a day! Wash your hair with a shampoo you trust and are impressed with. For this day I chose a shampoo that cleaned but didn't deep clean. Use a hair mask. I chose to keep the moisture but did not use conditioner because it would weigh my hair down. After rinsing your hair from products, comb it and then add products you are gonna want to have in your hair for the style. I added a anti-frizz crème and a heat protectant, then put it in a braid and bedtime it was!
  
Saturday, April 12: Style The big day! After prepping my skin for the day I grabbed my styling supplies and headed to Hannah's. (Post will be up soon on how my hair was styled)

For Products I recommend washing and conditioning your hair with check out my Shampoos for hair needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment