Friday, August 22, 2014

Late Summer Flawless Face and Bonus review!


Hello everyone! Today I have a foundation routine to share with you all. I love foundation, but it’s not one of those things that I wear all that often because I am very cautious of my skin. While I love how flawless my face is by the time my cosmetics have covered my face, I would also just love to get by with a tinted moisturizer and not feel like everyone is staring at my acne- my point here is that foundation can clog pores… I try to keep my pores as squeaky clean as possible. With that said, I wore my second go to foundation today and just thought I would share.

Don’t get me wrong Maybelline Super Stay Foundation is still my absolute favorite foundation by far but when I was in 6th or 7th grade, my best friend –Hannah B. was doing my make-up during a Physical Education class and I remembered how beautiful Avon Ideal Flawless looked on my skin. So my ever so popular best friend Hannah S. (who has been featured here on my blog multiple times) told me her mother was selling Avon, which is one of those company’s everyone forgets about, but they were having a really good sale on foundations and her mother had given me a sample of this particular foundation… needless to say I jumped right on the deal and purchased it for myself.

Despite the reviews this foundation gets, I really like it. It’s full coverage, pretty easy to match to your skin tone, lightweight, and a pretty finish (matte but certainly not too matte- flat. It’s almost a natural finish). It features a sleek design and a pump which is awesome. The number 1 complain that the rest of the world has is there is no SPF, which I frankly don’t mind because the only time I really wear any foundation is when there is a formal event, when I know there will be pictures, and when I should look as put together as possible. So SPF is not a big deal to me. The staying power is about equal to Maybelline Super Stay and while I believe me and the rest of the world would love to say that a foundation stays put and looking the same way it did when it was applied for 12+ hours… that kinda staying power just doesn’t exist in any foundation I’ve tried, found, or even heard reviews about.

Anyways, on with the face!

  
Step One: I applied the moisturizer of choice in the current age and stage of life… Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture. I personally use a cosmetic wedge to apply moisturizer to my face possibly because I’m a weirdo but I’m also very careful when it comes to my face hygiene.
Step Two: I personally used the E.L.F. Studio Powder brush to apply Avon Ideal Flawless Foundation in Light Nude (which is equivalent to Sand Beige in Maybelline Super Stay foundation). I use two pumps directly on to the brush, dot it all over my face- more specifically in ‘problem areas’, and blend it in a buffing motion. I also bring it down my neck just to make sure its blended well.
Step Three: Using E.L.F.’s Essential Total Face brush I dust Maybelline Dream Matte Powder all over, beginning on the nose, working on to the cheeks, brushing another swipe onto the forehead and then elsewhere. Luckily, I don’t use make-up very often so I still have this little guy around. What do you all think of the new Dream Wonder?
Step Four: Can we take a minute to appreciate E.L.F. Cosmetics? I love not only their brushes but the cosmetics as well. I use the Studio Blusher and Bronzer duo in St. Lucia, I’ve had it two years and just hit pan! Anyways I use the bronzer all-the-time, well every time I do make up, and I always use the E.L.F. Essential Blush Brush. I love the angle it gives me for a nice, strong contour. Personally I start the bronzer at the tragus (basically the middle of the ear) and stop about mid cheek. I then take what is left of the brush and contour the jaw line and then the temples and hair line; one side per dip. Forget the ‘3’ and ‘E’ stuff. It just doesn’t work for me.
Step Five: Over the years I have developed much love to blushers. It really gives you that glow you love in the summer (my favorite blush of all time is what I refer to E.L.F. Studio Blusher and Bronzer duo- Blush side), the ‘Baby, it’s cold outside’ kiss, or the fresh, light pink colors of spring. I personally believe it is just as important with blushes as it is to bring out your seasonal lipsticks, nail polish, clothes, and even scents. Agreed? So because Summer is coming to an end (Thank God!) and Autumn is coming to a beginning in just a few weeks or so I decided to reach for Wet ‘n’ Wild’s Blusher in Pearlescent Pink applied lightly with E.L.F. Studio Blush Brush. Perfect for the transitional weather!
Step Six: Anyone here watch Melissa on YouTube… Ya know “Are ya ready for the weekend baybay”? Well if you do then im 100% positive you know how much she loves highlighting… me on the other hand, I don’t highlight too much as far as the facial part goes. I used the ever-so-popular Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki to highlight my cheek-bones, cupid’s bow, and just above my eyebrows with some-no-name-round-short-brush-that-I’m-pretty-postitive-was-meant-for-blush-in-a-stupid-company’s-handbook-but-is-not-at-all-possible-in-my-book brush (:D).
Step Seven: I hear all-the-time how important it is to ‘frame’ your face by doing your eyebrows… I disagree with that statement. Anyone else? No. Okay I’m sorry, my mistake BUT I do my eyebrows using an angled eyeliner brush from E.L.F.’s Studio line and E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium (the powder side only) and ‘shade’ in the basic shape of my eyebrows beginning in the arch and working my way to the outer part of the brow ^.^ and then tame those long things with a clear mascara… in this case from the following trend in today’s post- E.L.F.

Step Eight: While I’ve only tried two ‘setting sprays’ (E.L.F. Mist and Set and Basic Hairspray) today I chose to the ever so trusty Mist and Set setting spray- which I’m pretty sure is just water with benefits but hey, let me think im actually doing something. Do you have any recommendations for setting sprays? I’d LOVE to know!

Step Nine: Get the rest of your face on girl! ;)

And ladies and gentlemen… that is my Late Summer Flawless Face! Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment