Tuesday, July 10, 2018

How did i get here?


Hello everyone and welcome to my blog!

So last week I gave an introduction to my new blog concept and a “new” me (by new, I mean older, married, and perhaps wiser). I have really missed blogging and putting content out for people to read! My online life has declined a whole bunch! But that’s okay, I am back at it and I am ready to go! Hopefully, I’ll be uploading something new every week even if it’s just a “what I eat” kinda thing!
I guess I should first discuss why I have decided to change the content and direction of my blog. I have been big into my health since I was 19 and even though I have fallen into a few slumps and I have gained all the weight back I lost- I’m still highly cautious of what I intake. I still find myself watching my carbs and sugar, even my fiber! Honestly, that just became a part of me and who I am. I have learned so much through the process of trying to find a healthy me and I am so very grateful for it. While I’m not a doctor, dietitian, or nutritionist… I love helping people and I love even more trying to help someone find a healthier way of life. So if you ever need support, someone to talk to or even a virtual shoulder to cry on… I’m here for you!

The biggest question I’ve had to ask myself this time around to lose weight is do I want to go Keto again? And the answer to that is NO. I loved it the first couple of times I did it- I lost weight fast and I was never hungry but there was always some part of me that didn’t think it was the healthiest diet. Now if you want to do a Keto or LCHF diet I am all for you doing it! I think it’s great, I just think it’s something I can’t stick to and make it lifestyle change like it needs to be. This really started one day when my best friend made a few comments “Why do you eat processed food?” well, I couldn’t answer except that it was okay on the diet and an easy thing to fix. “Why do you need to put fat in your coffee if your trying to burn fat?” guess what, I couldn’t honestly answer that either. I mean I could say that it helps give me energy but it didn’t, the only thing it really did for me was “clean out my system”.  Point is… I didn’t really know why I ate particular items except that it was because it was okay to eat, even if it wasn’t the healthiest.

Fast Forward to a few weeks after that conversation. I called my mom because I had gotten myself really depressed, yet again. I explained to her that I was only spotting and not actually having a period when I was due. No positive pregnancy test and no signs of being pregnant- the only possible conclusion was that my PCOS was basically flaring up. Which is stressful when you’re trying to have a baby. She gave me her mom talk and told me not to worry, call the doctor and set up an appointment. Later that same night, she was digging around on Pinterest for things to help with PCOS (because she knew my mind was not eased) and sent me a link to Avocadu’s 21 day fat loss challenge. Basically this is a program that tells you EXACTLY what to do, what to eat, and when. I LOVE this idea because it honestly just seems simple and easy. The downfall? The program is $47 for Ebooks and I’m just not going to pay for something unless I have no other choice. Eventually I would like to buy it and follow it but right now it just isn’t the time. Anyways, I did all of the research I could possibly do on this diet plan, and then on keto, and then specifically for PCOS. I came up with my own diet that basically combined all of the knowledge that I had about all the other diets into 1 structured diet that I’m going to be testing.

Will this work? I have no clue… but if it doesn’t then im going to give Avocadu a try. 
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment