Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Perfect Gift: Pampered... plus some tips!

Hello Everyone!
 
 
Christmas is right around the corner, are you excited? I most definitely am! I don't know about you guys but I start doing Christmas shopping especially early, most often in November! With that said, there are so many different types of people on my Christmas list... everything from the sleepers to the girly-girls, and it can sometimes be difficult figuring out what to get these people, so I have put together a list for you all for the type of people who maybe deserve to take a break from life and relax a bit! For this particular list I had my Granny in mind, she is always go, go, go but never takes time to just sit down and breath, this would also be a nice gift to give yourself! Please feel free to substitute anything and if there is something you recommend please leave it in the comments! I have also included a few tips and tricks and descriptions of a few items that might get confusing for some people. Hope you enjoy!
 

  • Bubble Bath: What is a little bit of relaxation without the bubbles? I love bubble baths, they are so relaxing and sometimes you can get some with an aroma that relaxes you even more! My choice is Avon's Vanilla Cream Bubble Bath



  • Bath Bomb: I think these are so fun because they add a fragrance to the bath, and sometimes they add color to the water. I really like these because depending on the time I take my bath, there are scents that can wake you up, some that can relax you, some that can help you sleep, and so many other things! One of my favorites is Hugo Naturals Guiuacwood & Bergamot Fizzy Bath Bomb

  • Body Wash: I don't know about you all but I prefer body wash over bar soap. However, I change my body washes pretty regularly because I don't like to wear out any specific body washes... so 1 month I will have a fresh and clean scent, the next month I might have a moisturizing body wash, and then the next I might have one that is all girl. A few of my favorites are Dial Antibacterial Body Wash, Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash, and Caress Scarlet Blossom Body Wash

  • Deep Cleanser: I love deep cleaning my face and I especially love when I can feel the product working! I always deep clean my face before exfoliating because I honestly feel like it cleans my face more before than after exfoliating. One of my favorites is Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream

  • Exfoliator: Oh my goodness, I can not even begin to tell you how important it is to exfoliate your face during the winter months! Not only does the wind and the cold dry your skin out but the skin can become clammy-feeling and just look unhealthy. One of my favorites is Burt's Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

  • Cleanser: I think a cleanser is important for any spa night or anyone who loves being pampered because it really gets you feeling prepared to take on anything and can honestly be very relaxing because you know you are taking care of a few tasks in one easy step. I am still a teenager and I do still have acne so I really know that this is an important step in my daily routine. Currently my favorite is L'Oreal Paris Go 360 Clean Anti-Breakout Facial Cleanser

  • Face Mask: This is also an important item for any spa night! I love, love, love facial masks, they just make me feel so pampered after a long day of school or a day at work when I feel gross and dirty. This is definitely a necessity! I really like Freeman Feeling Beautiful Clay Purifying Facial Mask

  • Body Lotion: So... you have had your bath and you are nice and clean, feeling refreshed, what else can possibly make this anymore luxurious? A nourishing body lotion! While your body is still damp, apply your favorite lotion in your favorite scent and wrap up in a bath robe! Your body will soak in the lotion and your skin will be flawlessly moisturized, soft, and smooth. My favorites are from Bath & Body Works, the triple moisture body creams are amazing! I really like Sweet Pea Triple Mosture Body Cream

  • Foot Cream: Why do you need a foot cream when you have lotion? Well your feet need a lot more moisture than your body, for one thing. You are on your feet on and off through out the whole day, on top of that you may not have shoes that are very pampering and relaxing to your feet. Having a foot cream that targets your specific feet needs is desirable and can leave you feeling relaxed with no cares in the world, so pick one up, smother your feet in the cream and then put on a pair of aloe infused socks! One of my favorite foot creams is Avon's Foot Works Beautiful Deep Moisturizing Cream

  • Face Moisturizer: Like your feet, you need a different lotion for your face than your body. You have put so many products on your face and stripped your face from what oils you had, for some this might not be a terrible thing but for people with dry and combination skin you still need to put moisture back in. With my acne prone skin and combination skin, I need that added moisture but I need to make sure it doesn't clog the pores I've just cleaned. Therefor I use three different moisturizers at the moment (keep in mind my skin is more dry this time of year because of the wind and chill the winter weather brings to Alabama). My favorite is Clean & Clear Advantage Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer  

 
I hope this was helpful to benefit you or to shop for someone on your own list this year! Of course you can add your own items to replace others and you can get more or less totally your choice! A few other items I did not mention that would be ideal to complete your gift basket or gift bag would be items such as a body scrub, a robe, a pair of aloe infused socks, lip balm or chapstick, hair masks, shower caps, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
 
I also wanted to apologize for my absence the past few weeks. I have been so busy with school and finals, as well as work, Christmas shopping, and just trying to get time to sleep. I have so many posts planned and everything, it is just a matter of finding the time to write them and add pictures to them. I have a few hauls, empties, gift ideas, reviews, and holiday looks planned out. I am hoping that I may find the time through the holidays to work on my blog.

XOXO, Kayla!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment