Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Shampoo for Your Hair Needs!

Hello Everyone!
 
I hope you are doing well! A couple of nights ago I was thinking about pampering and I was really focused on the hair care part. Now, I am not very big on hair... you are honestly pretty lucky if I brush it! Anyways, I personally focus quite a bit on my face and I seem to ONLY wash and condition my hair and the occasional hair treatment, occasional hair brushing, and so forward. But, what if you gave your hair a real treat... you deep clean it, then restore it, condition it, and then maybe enhance it? I am by no means saying you should because I am almost positive that products would really build up, right? I'm no professional but it is a thought and I may even give it a go over the summer.
I have tons of shampoos and conditioners, treatments as well... and while they are all almost always in my bathroom, only one is ever in my shower (category: Shampoo, Conditioner, Treatment). Maybe one day i'll open a spa and a "haircial" will be an option ;).
 
Today I wanted to talk about each shampoo that I personally would use for each category and on my own hair. I will discuss cleansing, repairing, conditioning, curl-enhancing, volumizing, and color-treated shampoos. Again, I don't know too much on hair care and I really just thought that my late-night thoughts were shareable.
 
My hair... just so you can do some adjusting as to what you may need... is curly. Tight ringlet curls. Very tangled and frizzy. ALOT of split ends (it's been about two years since my hair has been cut- I had a lady who cut my hair and she decided she would bad mouth me one day [day of prom- Lets just say if I pay you to do my hair I expect perfect and nothing less of that], I found out and haven't given her my business since), Died (the very last 4-5 inches of my hair is blonde), Very long (I am 5'3" and my hair wet/straight is about 5 inches away from my hipbone).
 
Step 1:Deep Clean (Get rid of the yucky-ness!)
This particular shampoo will deep clean and fight dandruff. I love the fact that you can do two things in one shampoo. While the product is pictured as a shampoo and conditioner, I know you can buy JUST the shampoo which is what I suggest doing because a duo can't do as good of a job as just one by itself (if that makes any sense).
 
Step 2: Repair (Fix the splits!)
Two items for the category. They are both incredible and while the mask is time consuming, it works like a dream.

L'Oreal Total Repair Extreme Shampoo


L'Oreal Total Repair Extreme Emergency Repair Mask
 
 
Step 3: Condition (Put some moisture back up in here!)
I have used the shampoo and conditioner in the Suave line for years and it works like a miracle! The mask is just a lovely little addition to shock some life into the hair, it is expensive but it pairs really well with the Suave line.

Suave Almond & Shea Butter Shampoo

Suave Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner

Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Masque
 
Step 4: Enhance (For me, put some definition in those curls.. for you?)
This smells insanely amazing. I love it. I can really tell the enhancement it gives to my hair, and while there is one I like a bit more than this I think this one really compares to the high end option. Needless to say, I like drugstore prices over high end, and will share as much as possible within that frame.

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Shampoo
 
Step 5: Life (put some volume in those roots)
I know sometimes after putting so much into your hair it can be a little weighed down, this will put a little life into your hair again.

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo
 
Step 6: Tame the Lion (a lot less frizz please)
How un-pretty is frizzy hair?
 
Step 7: Protect (protect the color or enhance it?)

Garnier Fructis Hair care Fortiying Color Shield Shampoo

I hope this was helpful if you are wanting to try a new shampoo and maybe gave you an idea on treating you hair to a treat. Another idea on how to maybe do this is to spread it out within a length of time for example: I am going to Disney in June and it is a seven day trip, one day I could deep clean, the next repair, then moisturize it and so forth. Of course you could do it all in one night too! Travel sizes of these products may be useful for a one time try too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment