Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May Favorites!

Hello! Im here today with my May favorites, now this isnt something i do every month but i have rediscovered and discovered a ton of things this month some being from the drugstore and some not. I don't wear make up all the time so i dont have very much make up for my favorites but i have a few, hair products as well. So lets begin!


 



 
 
Over this month i have been having some dry areas on my face and more oily areas, so ive needed something that wasnt going to grab to my dry patchs but was gonna control the shine on my nose. Over the past few years ive had combo oily skin, but starting in December of last year i realized now i have dry combo skin, so the first product has helped my out in alot of areas, Maybelline Dream Matte powder. My color is cream and it fits my skin perfectly, now this color can be harder to get your hands on at least where i live so i do have to order online sometimes. This powder is by far the best ive used its light but stays all day, it doesnt cake up, is very blendable and buildable, it covers well and i dont touch it up at all! Even better i dont break out when wearing this and its only $8! I really, really like this product alot and i will continue to buy it, there is just nothing else like it on the market! I apply this with an E.L.F. essentials total face brush all over the face and a little on the neck. The only flaw i have is that i kinda go through it quickly (about a month and a half) http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2147528&productId=xlsImpprod2850029&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=134maybellineselectwk15&categoryId=cat80028


Next, i have fallen in love with this L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Blush in Baby Blossom. This is very pretty for both spring and summer, it isnt too bright but you can build the pigmentation. I really love shimmery blushes that can give you a pretty glow and this deffinatly falls into that catagory. Its really lightweight, blendable, looks natural, isnt cakey, it doesnt cling to my dry areas, and is long lasting. Its a powder which is what ive been wanting more often and is my replacement for Maybelline Dream Mouse Blush in Peach Satin, which i adore! I look foward to trying out Innocent Flush and Precious Peach. Now this is kinda pricey($10) but it last forever! http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=VP10730






Another really incredble product is Covergirl Shimmering Sands trio, i dont know any beauty guru who doesnt own this, its one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes, and by far the easiest to do an eyeshadow look with. Its a classic eyeshadow trio with a champagne color, a brown, and a dark brown. I like to use the champagne on my lid and apply the brown in the crease, and the dark brown on the outer v, i think this is just stunning. This trio is only $5, and is super blendable, and its longlasting with or without a primer. http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2108263&productId=xlsImpprod641115&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=32cgbsblast&categoryId=cat940003





I feel like this month i have been crazy about Avon, i've done a pampering post, and ive been doing a christmas shopping list, both featured products from Avon! i've always been pretty impressed with the products i have recieved from avon so i have a good history with it. A product i have purchaced a few times have been the glimmersticks eyeliner, this is one of the few eyeliners that gives me long lasting color, no smearing or smudging, a very definate black, and the line i get is easy and effortless. Its so smooth, and doesn't irritate my eyes, which have been getting irritated like crazy by everything. This is just one of those products i really, really love and is actually PERFECT! I dont find many things that im my opinion is perfect, i am high maintance and anything below my standards is just not acceptable and i am pleased that this is on my standard even in the sweet Alabama huminity (and i feel like this outlives the 9-hour claim, it lasts all day through 6 am until 4 pm {which is my school day})! This is only $7, so a drugstore price but i ALWAYS find these on sale for buy 2 for $8 or sometimes even better deals like pick 2 for $5. http://shop.avon.com/product.aspx?level2_id=301&pdept_id=312&cat_type=C&pf_id=30990







This next product is incredibly different for a favorites of mine because i dont really ever do much with my hair but this month i have had honors day at vo tech, honors day at my school, graduation, end or the year programs, and just alot of things that i had to actually do something with my hair. This incredible product is U R Curly Loose Curl Enhancer, i have long curly hair so it is a bit unruly sometimes and this basically helps my hair be not so frizzy, leaves the curls soft and shiny, and just makes my curls a little better and defined. Now this is kinda exspensive ($10) but the bottle literally last forever! When i get out of the shower i dry my hair a bit, but leave it a little damp and flip my hair over, then apply just a little to the roots first and on to the ends. If you have curly hair i really recommend this, its such a wonderful product and its even natural and good for your hair!



Song Favorites: Work of Art by Rachel Platten (Theme song from Jane By Design) [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdKdEYh9BxE] and This Kiss by Carly Rae Jepsen [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KozwQaeJt1g]

Tv Show: Jane by Design

Fave Movie: LOL with Miley Cyrus

Favorite Drink: Pink Lemonade (went threw a gallon in a day!)

And finally pampering! (read my post... http://laceinruffles.blogspot.com/2013/05/bubbles-bombs-pampering.html)

What am i looking at purchasing this month?

-Avon Ideal Flawless BB Beauty Balm Cream $10.00

-Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid Foundation

-Revlon Colorburst lip butter in Juicy Papaya, Watermelon, and Pink Lemonade

-Maybelline Color Sensational Color Whisper Lipcolor in Go Nude, Bare to the Bold, and Coral Ambition


-Maybelline Baby Lips in Coral Crush, Melon Mania, Twinkle, Peach Kiss and Cherry me

-Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadow in Barely Branded

No comments:

Post a Comment