Saturday, November 16, 2013

Benefit They're Real Mascara: Review

Hello Everyone!
I hope you all have had a lovely weekend! Sorry I have not blogged much, I am constantly incredibly busy and have a full schedule on my hands- that I may need to free up sometime in the near future! Anyways, if you are a Sephora Beauty Insider (and if you are not then I strongly recommend you go sign up) you know about the birthday gifts you can receive, now these are always really amazing gifts (or at least for the past two years they have been) and they are no cost to you at all. This years birthday gift was Benefit Cosmetics products: They're Real Mascara and Watt's Up Highlighter. I love both products but as for now I am only reviewing the mascara.
 
I am constantly looking at Sephora because they are ALWAYS so informative about everything and here is what they had to say about Benefit They're Real Mascara:
 
What it is: A jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look. 

What it does:
This breakthrough bestseller reveals lashes you never knew you had! The specially designed brush features staggered bristles that grab close to the root, boosting length and volume beyond belief. The custom-domed tip uses precision bristles to lift, define, and curl even your tiniest lashes. With a glossy, jet-black, long-wearing formula, you’ll flaunt luxurious, silky lashes that won’t smudge, clump, or dry out. True story!

What else you need to know:
Go horizontal! The staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length and volume. Then go vertical! The custom-domed tip with precision bristles lift, define, and curl even your tiniest lashes.

Research results:
In a consumer panel survey, the following results were reported:
- 94% saw dramatic length and volume
- 90% saw base-to-tip curl
- 94% saw visible lift
-100% saw long-wearing results
 
 
My Thoughts:
This mascara runs for $23.00 at Sephora, which to me is way more than my usual $7-$8 mascaras from the drugstore. I do love the mascara and I think it is totally worth the hype... BUT, I also think that purchasing the product one time and keeping the brush to use for a different mascara will accomplish the same look with half the price.
 
 I love the rubber bristles the wand has. I also enjoy the bristles on the end that allows me to get those little inner lashes that can sometimes be rather difficult to get even the tiniest amount of product on.
 
(Left: curled with the mascara and Right: no mascara)
 
I love the fact that this really does lengthen and volumize my lashes but still keeps them separated, but a lot of rubber bristled wands can achieve that same look... however most do not contain the bristles on the end. I curl my lashes before I even apply mascara so the whole curling lashes claim they have going on... I don't agree with entirely, but it does HOLD my curl.
 
 
 
Okay, so the mascara is perfect, other than the price. WRONG! We all know I am in colorguard with the marching band and yada, yada, yada. With that being said, I expect a lot from all of my make-up because I don't want to have to reapply it before every game, that's a waste of product and a waste of time...  that said... I have no problem with the mascara not being there from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm, because it most surely is... but the mascara flakes. I usually have no issues with flaking, but I do with this mascara and if I am even going to consider $23.00 for anything... it best be PERFECT!
 
Moral of the story... I really do love this mascara but it is incredibly pricey, and it isn't perfect. However... it does achieve the look I want, just doesn't hold up to my 16-hour days! Would I purchase? Yes, but I would keep the mascara wand to use for other mascaras such as Maybelline Great Lash.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment