Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Traveling to Flordia Makeup Look


Hello everyone!
 
 

I hope you had a fabulous holiday! I have a ‘What I Got For Christmas’ post coming up pretty soon, but as for today I have a makeup look for you all. I am currently on the road traveling down south for the weekend and I thought I could write out (or rather type out) a few blogs on the way and hopefully post them all when I arrive back in my hometown. I don’t really know how to title this particular look, simply because I wanted to try out a few products to review for you all (I have some special surprises to throw in somewhere down the road). So I am sure you will see some of the (new) products I did receive for Christmas this year and if you would like any of them reviewed… feel free to ask! Without any further ado… Let’s begin!

Face


 

N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Primer: Any foundation really needs a good base, this one is not my favorite and to be honest nowhere near perfect, but it is a primer. I just apply this with my fingertips starting on my nose (this is where I get oily/shiny) and bringing it up to my forehead and outward on my cheeks. My skin in the winter months is incredibly dry but applying a moisturizer and primer will make neither product work as good as it should and not as good as it originally would have. My solution to this is applying a salicylic acid based moisturizer (such as Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer) all over the face and applying a deeper moisturizer (such as Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture Moisturizer) to the dryer areas at night and then a primer during the day.

E.L.F.  BB Cream: I don’t wanna say too much about this because I do have a review planned for this, however I will say that I did get this for Christmas and I requested it in my summer color (buff) because I plan on wearing this to my trip to Disney World. I applied this with and E.L.F. Powder Brush and buffed it in really well and then I used an E.L.F. Small Stipple Brush to just apply a little more to the areas on my face that need to be a little more concealed (if you have been reading my blog for some time then you would know that I absolutely HATE concealer).

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: We all know how loyal I am to this powder… I love it and it is a holy grail… I cannot live (makeup wise) without it! I tried something a little different this time, I applied it with an E.L.F. Powder brush and just patted it on.

N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Sunny Bronzer: There really is not much to say about this bronzer because within the beauty nation, there have been tons and tons of reviews on this. I do really like this bronzer its matte and has a very natural look. It is perfect for bronzing. I applied this with an E.L.F Complexion brush.

E.L.F. Blush & Bronzer Duo in St. Lucia: This is the perfect little duo, I love the bronzer for contouring and the blush is a go to for any look. If you don’t own it I definitely recommend it! I applied the bronzer with E.L.F. Complexion brush and the blush with E.L.F. Blush Brush.

Benefit Watt’s Up Highlighter: This is a beautiful cream champagne highlighter, I applied this with E.L.F. Small stipple brush to the tops of my cheeks.

E.L.F. Brow Kit in Medium: I used the powder with E.L.F.’s angled eyeliner brush and I placed it in the arch an blended it out on both brows.

E.L.F. Clear mascara: There is nothing much to say about this product either, its just a clear mascara that I applied on my eyebrows to keep them in place. I really do like it.

Eyes


 

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded: I used this as a primer and placed it all over the eyes with my fingertips.

L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte: I applied this on the lids with an E.L.F. Eyeshadow brush.

Covergirl Shimmering Sands Trio: The darkest shade in this trio was applied in the crease with an E.L.F. crease brush.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Smog: I basically deepened up the outer ‘v’ with this shade using an E.L.F. Eyeliner Brush.

Too Faced ‘Jingle All The Way’ Palette: Using the matte white shade I placed the color on the browbone and the inner corner with an E.L.F. Eyeshadow “C” Brush.

 E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner: This is a jet black liquid liner that I used to draw a very fine line on my upper lash line. This allows the lashes to look fuller.

Almay Eyeliner in Black/Brown: I prefer using a blackish brown eyeliner (or a brownish black eyeliner) because it makes my eyes look and stay pretty much true to my eye color (for the day: I have hazel eyes so they are either gray, green, or blue on a day-to-day basis) and doesn’t look too harsh on my skin-tone. I lined my waterline and tight-lined with it.

Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara: I used this to serve as a base for Benefit They’re real Mascara, to give a little added length.

Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara: I used this to give my lashes a little more volume and a little added lasting power because it is waterproof.

Benefit They’re Real Mascara: My current favorite mascara. I applied about 2 coats of this to give a more jet black, defined, volumized, lengthen more false lash effect. I love it!

Lips
 



E.L.F.Lipstick in Nostalgic: This is a pretty nude lipstick that I really do enjoy a lot, its very moisturizing and looks stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment