Sunday, October 13, 2013

Flawless Face Routine

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Yesterday was my birthday and I oddly celebrated my 18th birthday for 3 days! How CRAZY! Friday, my dad took me out to lunch at my favorite restaurant in this college town and I went to two local thrift stores afterward and got some goodies, yesterday I went to lunch with my mom and went to Goodwill and Salvation Army and then went to all the local boutiques, I really had a blast and today we celebrated as a family with all my favorite foods and an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen! Anyways, I do have a birthday haul coming up soon I am just waiting on a few items to be shipped to my house from Sephora.
 
I have gotten so many questions about my full face makeup both online and in person. I feel like sometimes I like to wear a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer and call it a day but there are occasions that I do wear a full face of make up. When I do I have really high expectations of my foundation, long lasting, full coverage (because I hate concealer), lightweight, and so much more! So it can be a bit of a challenge finding what works for me, but lately I have been loving this routine and I am extremely happy with the way it looks!
 
  • Clean and Clear Acne Control Moisturizer: This gives me a barrier between my skin and my primer, so my skin doesn't breakout. It also moisturizes the dry patches enough but doesn't pronounce my oily areas, and smoothes my skin out allowing the primer and the foundation to look flawless!
  • E.L.F. Essential Mineral Face Primer: I have a love/hate relationship with this primer, it is silicone based and it works wonderful for the price but sometimes I won't wear it because or the way it feels. I do wanna try a few other primers but for now this will do.
  • Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Foundation: I also have a love/hate relationship with this product, sometimes I feel like it is too heavy but right now I think it is perfect. I apply this with my fingertips to get the most coverage and most even application. I have also tried it with a Beauty Blender and with a E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush to buff it in, both are nice but for the time being I like just using the fingertips.
  • Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: My all time favorite powder! I apply with an E.L.F. Essential Total Face brush or sometimes the applicator that it comes with, depending on the coverage and how dry my skin is on the particular day.
  • Physicians Formula Organic Wear Powder: I also apply this with an E.L.F. Essential Total Face Brush, but on-to my neck. This just gives me a nice coverage and a nice way to match my neck to my face with out having to apply more foundation.
  • E.L.F. Blusher and Bronzer Duo: I love the bronzer in this duo! I use it all the time applied with E.L.F. Blusher brush. I always contour and blend out just enough to warm up my skin tone, like a bronzer should. I love the look it gives me and I think it is perfect all in all!
  • Wet 'n' Wild Coloricon Blusher in Pearlescent Pink: Loving this blush for the fall it is so pretty and a little goes a long way! I especially love it with this next blush layered on top!
  • Hard Candy Box Blush Duo in Truth Or Dare: Blend the two shades together and you get the prettiest glow! I love applying both blushes with E.L.F. Studio Blush Brush... so pretty!
  • Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki: Another love/hate product. Sometimes I like a golden glow and sometimes I like a champagne glow, the product itself is amazing just my colors change a lot! I usually apply this with just a small fan brush from E.L.F but sometimes I use my fingertips. 
 
 Hope you all enjoyed! <3
I will have a eyelook coming up soon for this look!
Xoxo,
Kayla!


No comments:

Post a Comment