Monday, September 15, 2014

Nightly Skin Care Routine!


Hello everyone! Just curious… do certain skincare products stop working on your skin after about 4 weeks or so? I seem to have to switch certain products out all the time. Anyways today I am going to share my nightly skin care routine with you all. Before I begin I feel like I should let you guys know about my skin situation; I have breakouts all the time and I’m not 100% sure if its acne or dirt and oils getting trapped or if its just something that I intake that my body doesn’t handle well but it’s a very common thing that I have battled with since I was 12, and depending on the seasons and time of year my skin is dry with an oily nose, normal everywhere but the outer edges have dry patches, or combination oily- currently its dry with an oily nose.
 
Please keep in mind that everything listed is not something I do every night and those particular things are in rotation on an every other night basis. Often times they are replaced with something that is essentially the same but not quite; these things have an asterisk (*) by them. I hope you enjoy!

 
Step One: *I exfoliate using Burt’s Bee’s Willow Tree and Peach Bark Scrub. I think that this is gritty enough to exfoliate with and I find that it leaves my skin feeling nice and smooth which I like.

Step Two: *I use Freeman Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Peel Off Mask to basically clean really deep and pull out any impurities that I may have.

 
Step Three: Possibly my current favorite product of the moment, Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power Cream Wash is my nightly face cleanser.

 
Step Four: As a toner I use Avon Blackhead Eliminating Daily Astringent with a round cotton pad

 
Step Five: *As I let the toner dry, I exfoliate my lips with a tooth brush and then apply an EOS Lip Balm. (On nights I don’t exfoliate my lips I simply brush my teeth as opposed to doing it after I have completely cleaned my face.)

 
Step Six: I use 2 ½ pumps of Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture Moisturizer all over my face using a cosmetic wedge.

 
Step Seven: While I let my moisturizer set in a bit, I apply Carmex lip balm over my lips to give an extra moisturizing layer to make my lips extra soft.

 
Step Eight: As mentioned, I have dry areas, so to combat them I apply Avon Elements Moisture Boost Night Cream to those dry areas using a cosmetic wedge.
 
And that is my nightly routine!

*** If you noticed I didn't include a "cleansing" mask then Kudos to you... Currently I am using two different masks for different reasons- Queen Heleen Mint Julep and Freeman Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Peel Off Mask***
 
But I have a few tips for you guys ;)!
 
1.       Every other night I tend to boil a pot of water and lean over it with a towel over my head and sheltering the steam over my face. This opens up the pores really well and gives you a better opportunity to clean your face as best as possible.
 
2.       If possible use the same brand and line of products for your skin care. It makes the products work as best as they can. At the moment my skincare is all over the place because I have too many preferences or I simply have products that I need to use up before purchasing anything else. However, I may-in the near future- go with Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power Cream Wash,  Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power Clear Scrub, Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Triple Action Toner, Queen Heleen Mint Julep Mask, Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture Moisturizer and Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over Hydrating Gel Moisturizer or Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin and Neutrogena Deep Moisture Night Cream.
 
3.       Acne Products (MOST) use either Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide make sure that the products you are using are one or the other, don’t mix and match them.
 
4.       On that same subject, figure out which acne treatment is right for you. Research it and try out 1 type one month and the other the next.
 
5.       Acne products WILL dry out your skin, so make sure you are moisturizing very well.
 
6.       It doesn’t matter if you have oily skin, combination skin, or dry skin- you’re not getting the moisture your face/body needs so moisturize!
 
7.       Change out your bed sheets about once a week… you sweat at night and that oil can and will find its way back into that pretty face of yours.
 
8.       Stop touching your face. Your hands are dirty.
 
9.       Before popping that pimple or doing your makeup or washing your face- wash your hands. I keep sanitizer at my vanity/makeup table, in my purse (just in case I get bored during classes or whatever and feel like I will be taking a chance at touching my face), and right beside my sink because let’s face it if I see a pimple it’s getting popped and a mirror is where I criticize myself the most- therefor any imperfections will get noticed.
 
On a side note… I’m not a dermatologist or a doctor, I have done much research and I am very particular with how my skin is taken care of so what I know is based purely on research and personal preferences.

I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment