Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Miliani Reviews!

Hey guys! In a recent haul i mentioned i got 3 Milani products: a lipstick, a eye primer, and a mascara! I won a contest for the eye products and i purchased the lip product at Dollar Tree. I have tested the products for about a week now and i feel like i have a good feel of the quality of the product, some i am impressed with and others i really could do without. However, i do look forward to purchasing some other products to try out. So with no further due, lets begin...
 

Milani Eye Primer: I am so impressed with this! I have Urban Decay Primer Potion, NYX Eyeshadow Base, and Hard Candy Eyeshadow Primer and i do not like any of them. So when i received this i did not have high hopes but I'm really excited that i actually own a great eyeshadow primer now! The color of the product is the same as Urban Decay Primer Potion but the squeeze-tube dispenses enough product that you don't have too much product, i also like that i only have to wait about 30 seconds for the product to be prepped for eyeshadow. It really looks flawless under the eye shadows, it lengthens the wear of the product, and it makes the colors more vibrant. This is defiantly a holy grail worthy product!


Milani Runway Lashes: I do like this product, it isn't a holy grail product, but it is good. It is a very wet formulation and the brushes are soft bristles, i personally prefer a little less of a wet formula and rubber bristles. Now Milani says: "The classic shaped, soft bristle brush gives instant volume, length & curl. The formula is long-lasting, smear-proof and does not clump. Paraben-free." Now to me this product on its own is kinda lengthening but i do feel like to achieve the curl and the volume i do have to use my NYC eyelash curler but overall it is a good mascara.

Tips and Tricks:

  • Use an eyelash curler before and after applying the mascara
  • Let the mascara dry a bit before adding a coat and before curling the lashes again
  • You may want to use a lash card or a piece of paper to keep the mascara from getting on the lid
  • Use a clean rubber bristled brush to separate the lashes and lengthen them as well
     
Milani Color Perfect Lipstick: I purchased the color Frosted Pink, Milani says: "A creamy-smooth, full-coverage, lustrous lip color that makes lips look and feel magnificent! The unique contour tip perfects lip shape with a more precise application." I was not impressed with this at all, i absolutely hated it. First off, this claims to be full coverage- i get no color pay off at all! I am not entirely sure if its my lip color or the product itself. The swatch shows up on my hand but on my lips its nothing! I was so sad with this because i have heard incredible things about Milani lipsticks and this just didn't show up. Needless to say, i probably will not be purchasing anymore Milani lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment